The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Looking at Things From My Own Perspective

After a previous post involving pedicures and shoes, I discovered some of you would not ever consider posting photos of your feet. However, when I was young if I complained about any thing to do with my feet, my Mom let me know I should be thankful to HAVE feet and I remember her saying, "They get you where you need to go!"  So as I have gotten older I have just adopted that attitude.

In the late 80s I started taking pictures of my feet.  Not just for the sake of documenting my feet, but as a documentation of how things looked from my own perspective - when the view was amazing. 

This is my very first 'toe picture'.  It was taken on our second Caribbean vacation and I was TRULY in paradise. I had never seen a picture like this before I took this first one, but I have seen some recently.  I wanted a picture of the view from my chair through my own eyes so I snapped this shot.  Apologies for the graininess - this was probably shot with a 110 camera (if you are too young to know what that is, just disregard).


Akumal Beach - 1988
Riviera Maya
It became sort of a tradition for me after that.  Some of my pics are not digital, so I'll share mostly recent pictures.


Breckenridge, Colorado 2004

Secrets Capri, Riviera Maya, Mexico - 2010
apologies for the watermark problems, I'm still learning to use the program
Xpu Ha Beach - Catalonia Royal Tulum 
Riviera Maya - 2010
Sometimes I even let other very special someone share my shot.


Seagrove Beach, Florida 2011

Dunes of Seagrove Condos, Florida 2011

Even a furry someone.


My patio - 2012
As I've said before, I love my backyard!  Hanging out there feels like a mini-vacation to me.

Probably my favorite place of all
Home - 2012

Looking forward to many more of these pictures in my future.  You can check out a few here.

Much Love & Laughter,

Laura

 Follow Me on Pinterest

http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/fall-mantel-decor.html

Poofy Cheeks

7 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

What a cute post, Laura! And, yes, I remember the 110 camera...lol!!! I had one! I think it's still around here in a drawer somewhere.

Maureen Wyatt said...

What a great attitude your mom had. My mom kept a poem in her cookbook about envying a girl until she saw she had no feet. One of the best things about Blogland is seeing so many other's perspectives. ~ Maureen

Gail @Purple Hues and Me said...

Not to be flirty or anything like that, but you not only have nice looking feet, but nice looking legs, too. What a great idea to have your feet included in the pics you love. Wish I had thought of that years ago.

Sooner Laura said...

Thanks all! And Gail, I'll just take the compliment and say, "thanks" because that is the proper way to take a compliment and we won't mention anything about the increase in the size of my calves since '88!

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOUR BACKYARD TOOO i would vaca there lol

Natasha in Oz said...

What brilliant pictures and what a great idea! I'm going to feature this fun post at my blog today. Thanks for linking it up to Say G'day Saturday!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Natasha in Oz said...

I'm not sure if I my previous comment worked so I thought I'd try again. I just wanted to thank you for linking up to Say G'day Saturday and to let you know I'm featuring you at my blog today.

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz