The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

California Adventure - Pacific Coast Highway

On my 'bucket list' has been an item that I finally got to check off this summer as part of our vacation in California.  We drove down the PCH (Highway 1) in a convertible.  Although I will confess that we kept the top up a lot of the time because as it turns out, it is cool along the Pacific Coast of California in July. Also, it's pretty windy in the backseat of a convertible and my daughter didn't enjoy the "breeze" back there for long.




The scenery along the coast line from Monterey to Cambria is so breathtaking I will just let it speak for me.  Because no words can really do it justice. And although I say I checked it off my list I need to go back and drive slower and stop more often. We were told it is sunny on the coast in winter, so maybe we'll go back a different time of year.  My plan to sit and watch the sunset over the ocean didn't happen this time around.

Point Lobos








Big Sur



Carmel-By-The Sea





Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park







Near San Simeon, the clouds were lifting above Hearst Castle.  
We didn't visit this trip but it made a nice picture.



And then we arrived at Moonstone Beach near Cambria.  I will post those on a different day because I really want to show you a lot of gorgeousness and I really want to go back there!

Much love and laughter,

Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: