The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Monday, November 3, 2014

What Happened to October?

I can barely believe it's November. 


October went by in a blink of my eye!  
And now it's time to put away the Halloween decor.

Goodbye to Wicked!


Goodbye to the Phantom!


Goodbye all you Jack-o-Lanterns!


Goodbye Pirates!


Hello owls, pumpkins and leaves!


I spent more than a week of October feeling crummy.  I get a sinus infection every fall.  My nose doesn't like pollen.  

I barely got a few Halloween decorations out and then it was time to put them away.  I guess it's good that I primarily just decorated for fall so that I don't need to spend a lot of time decorating again already.  I can just remove a jack-o-lantern plate and the zombie napkins from the table and pick up a few other things here and there.


I'm really happy I kept things simple because we've got to put our Christmas decor out early this year.  SuperDave is having another shoulder surgery the day before Thanksgiving, so he won't be doing any projects or carrying stuff with two arms between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. 




We will enjoy the fall decor for a few more weeks and then I'll spend a few days changing the house from Fall to Christmas.  So much work!  Why do I do this several times every year?

Oh yea, I like my house to look like this.

It makes me happy.

Tired for a bit, but happy.


Fortunately I recovered from being sick in time for Halloween parties and passing out treats. As usual, we had a couple parties to attend. We went with a disco theme, because for some reason I had 3 yards of pink and gold spandex in my fabric box.  I'm sure I picked that up on clearance several years ago anticipating that one year we'd go back to the 70s.


I found the perfect jewelry for my outfit on the clearance rack at Macy's, which is really nice because it's actually stuff I'll wear again.

And this purse was calling my name at Ross for $2.50!

Fortunately, I have interesting taste in shoes and already owned the perfect pair to match my costume.  

But, not so for SuperDave. I had to buy him a pair of silver platform shoes. I doubt he will wear those again any time soon.


For work I went with a little black dress and a witchy pair of striped hose along with a few items from my WICKED display.  Since I'm one of the few who wears any type of costume for work, I like to keep it simple and comfortable.


To encourage those who were shy about dressing up we set up a photo booth and invited co-workers to dress up for a few minutes and get a photo taken.


The idea was well received and people seemed to really enjoy getting in on the fun and wearing a costume for 5 minutes!

So that's some of what I've been up to for the last few weeks. 

Much love and laughter,

Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: